The Cock and Pullet will not be reopening on Saturday 4th July. Kath (the landlady) has taken the decision to wait a while before deciding when the pub will reopen, and any updates as to when this will be will be posted on this website.
Sheldon Garage has reopened but will only be accepting customers who book in advance by calling 01629 814180.
Sheldon Day has been cancelled for 2020, and we hope that it will happen again in 2021. This is a serious blow to the village finances, as we have also seen a significant decrease in the number of people hiring the village hall.
Posters have gone up around the village asking visitors to “Please Protect Sheldon” by following this simple guidance:
- Stay local to exercise whenever possible
- Maintain social distancing requirements
- Do not arrange to meet with groups of people from outside of your household
- Ensure you keep at least 2 metres away from other people
- Wash or sanitise hands before and after touching any stiles or gates
- Keep dogs on a lead and away from other people, dogs and livestock
- Leave gates as you find them
Whilst the above guidance is a little bit stricter than that issued by the Government, we are very keen to avoid a second lockdown in the Derbyshire Dales, and hope that any visitors will want to protect our village and its residents.
Public footpaths which cross land near to homes, families and vulnerable people have been clearly marked (where there has historically been confusion on the part of visitors) with bright yellow indicators, and we ask that anyone visiting the area to walk please sticks to marked rights of way only.
COVID-19 has not gone anywhere, so we please ask that unless you absolutely have to come to Sheldon, you remain local to exercise.