Report Problems


Have you noticed the increase in litter, dog mess, and deterioration in the general fabric/structure of (y)our local area? If so, consider reporting it via a great website called FixMyStreet. All you need to do is type in the location of the problem, fine-tune the location on a map, and write a short report. The contents of the report and the map get sent off to (y)our local council for them to deal with.

If you have a look here (rss feed) you can see the problems currently registered within 5km of the village (you might see a few names attached to the problems that you recognise), and I encourage you to add more as and when you come across them. Recently, Sheldon residents have registered fly-tipping problems and damage to the road surface on the way into the village.

For those of you with a fancy phone, FixMyStreet even has apps for Android and iPhone so that you can report problems when you are out and about; it uses GPS magic and your phone’s camera!

Useful “report a problem” Numbers

Derbyshire County Council –  01629 533 190

Derbyshire Dales District Council – 01629 761100

Derbyshire Constabulary (non-emergency) -101

Western Power (power-cuts and power-lines) – 0800 056 8090

Severn Trent Water (water leaks and sewage problems) – 0800 783 4444

BT Openreach (defective telephone poles and wires) – 0800 023 2023

Problem with you residential phone & broadband?

Leave a Reply